zx7750

  • eugeneeman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
      I am interested in buying a milling machine or mill drill. I saw a mill
      drill called a zx7750cw. It was a knee type mill but seemed to have a
      horizontal spindle built in as well. However the table looked really
      very small. I suspect a rong fu 45 has a bigger work envelope. The
      price is good and it also has a power feed. Any one know this machine?
      I wasw hoping to get some feedback about it Kind regards Eugene
    • Michael Parrish
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
        I thought at first it might be like this Grizzly
        http://grizzly.com/products/Horizontal-Vertical-Mill/G3617 , but these
        have a pretty fair table. I'm not sure, but I suspect they are of the
        same ilk. Is it gear or belt? Good luck, MIKE

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "eugeneeman" <eugeneeman@...> wrote:

        > I am interested in buying a milling machine or mill drill. I saw a
        mill
        > drill called a zx7750cw. It was a knee type mill but seemed to have
        > horizontal spindle built in as well. However the table looked really
        > very small. I suspect a rong fu 45 has a bigger work envelope. The
        > price is good and it also has a power feed. Any one know this
        machine?
        > I wasw hoping to get some feedback about it Kind regards Eugene

      • eugene eman
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
          the table is 800 x240 mm and the travel is 350mm. It seems the vertical motor is geared and the horizontal isbelt driven. It is selling for R28000 ($4000) Comes with a vice and iso 30

          Michael Parrish <mike@...> wrote:
          I thought at first it might be like this Grizzly
          http://grizzly. com/products/ Horizontal- Vertical- Mill/G3617 , but these
          have a pretty fair table. I'm not sure, but I suspect they are of the
          same ilk. Is it gear or belt? Good luck, MIKE

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogro ups.com, "eugeneeman" <eugeneeman@ ...> wrote:

          > I am interested in buying a milling machine or mill drill. I saw a
          mill
          > drill called a zx7750cw. It was a knee type mill but seemed to have
          > horizontal spindle built in as well. However the table looked really
          > very small. I suspect a rong fu 45 has a bigger work envelope. The
          > price is good and it also has a power feed. Any one know this
          machine?
          > I wasw hoping to get some feedback about it Kind regards Eugene

        • greg123452003
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "eugeneeman" <eugeneeman@...> wrote:

            > I am interested in buying a milling machine or mill drill. I saw a mill
            > drill called a zx7750cw. It was a knee type mill but seemed to have a
            > horizontal spindle built in as well. However the table looked really
            > very small. I suspect a rong fu 45 has a bigger work envelope. The
            > price is good and it also has a power feed. Any one know this machine?
            > I wasw hoping to get some feedback about it Kind regards Eugene

            I've got a similar mill tho in a geared rotating head version and a
            different brand. Mine was a good design tho poorly finished. The
            bearings in the geared head were hammered in place and needed
            replacing. The motor had no oil seal to stop gear oil entering. The
            horizontal spindles had no retention groove. Some brackets were poorly
            made, but for the price I paid, I couldn't get a bigger bang for the
            buck. All problems were easily corrected and I'm quite happy with it.
            Spindle tapers were ISO30 instead of R8 but it came with a good set of
            collets and 2MT and 3MT adaptors so that hasn't been a problem. Table
            size was 31 x 9 which is pretty good and it swivels which is a feature
            that I thought I'd never use but has come in handy. Be aware that they
            are HEAVY - about 1750 lbs.