[mill_drill] Re: enco shipping codes

  • j eric townsend
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 31 8:52 PM
      At 02:11 +0000 11/1/07, Ray Livingston wrote:
      >So what are the limits of the free shipping? If I buy a 2000#
      >machine, is the shipping free?

      I dunno what the limits are, but I used the free shipping code for a few hundred pounds of stuff that got delivered on a pallet, including a surface block and a rotary table + accessories.

      --
      jet / KG6ZVQ
      http://www.flatline.net
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
        I've ordered a fair amount of stuff from them in the last several months.  On one of the bigger orders, the lady made a comment about the free shipping could go above the 70lb UPS box weight, as long as the order could be broken down into 70lb sections.  So, they sent the vise in a box by itself (just a hair under the limit) and the rest in another box and I still got the free shipping on all of it.

        Also...I get the emails and the monthly flyers and I've still had to come here and get the shipping codes....so I like to say a huge THANK YOU!!!! to whoever has been posting the codes!!

        Mike
        in Gresham

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
          ..hhmm...my bad....I logged into my Enco account and checked...I was not set up to receive the emails.  So I changed that and as I logged out, a web special was displayed with a free shipping code of HFSP27 that is good on orders over $200 before Dec 31st.

          So...Thanks for the "nudge" to go check that :)

          Mike
          in Gresham

          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
            j eric townsend wrote:
            > Here's a nice experiment... If you're not getting the emails, sign up here and let us know what you get:
            > http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRKI
            >
            > All this time I thought everyone who signed up for the specials email got the shipping codes, but maybe it is based on how much one buys...

            I signed up and never get the codes. or any emails from enco. not a
            huge deal really.
          • Bill Pace
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
              It seems ENCO uses the free ship code/s -- especially the $50 one --
              as a "come back and shop" lure sent to the "lapsed" customer that
              hasnt ordered anything for some period of time.

              Have heard of some that set up an extra email account under another
              --alias?-- name and have luck getting it that way. I know I havent
              gotten one in a looong time, I have to depend on the generosity of others.

              If the item you are ordering has a * (star) beside it, it WILL NOT go
              under the $50 code--- there are even a few items in this category that
              are less than 70lb. Every month in the catalog there are one or more
              'featured' tools that they offer free shipping on that can/will be
              quite heavy --- I got my 2200lb mill on one of these offers.

              --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Steve Knight <doggie@...> wrote:

              > j eric townsend wrote:
              > > Here's a nice experiment... If you're not getting the emails, sign
              up here and let us know what you get:
              > > http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRKI
              > >
              > > All this time I thought everyone who signed up for the specials
              email got the shipping codes, but maybe it is based on how much one
              buys...

              > I signed up and never get the codes. or any emails from enco. not a
              > huge deal really.

            • Charles Owen
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, j eric townsend <jet@...> wrote:

                > Here's a nice experiment... If you're not getting the emails, sign up
                here and let us know what you get:
                > http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRKI

                I've been signed up. I have gotten $200+ codes, but never the $50+
                code. There must be a sweet spot where they are comfortable with you
                and don't need to prod.
              • Druid Noibn
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                  Hi,

                  Enco responded:

                  "Our gift to you this season is Free UPS Shipping* on your order of $200 or more through December 31, 2007. To take advantage of this special holiday offer, just enter HFSP27 when you visit use-enco.com or mention the code to your friendly sales associate when you call 800-USE-ENCO to place your order."

                  Take care,
                  DBN

                  --

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • rgsparber@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                    I got one too. Not to sound like a spoiled brat, I would have rather had a $50 code....

                    Rick
                    rgsparber@...
                    web site: http://rick.sparber.org

                  • mark
                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007

                      Just checked my email, and the new Enco code for free shipping on $50.00 or more was there.

                      New code:  WBRN77   good until 12-31-07

                      I usually order $75-100 each time I order, and lately I've been doing it online. It seems when I started doing online ordering, the code started showing up each month, and sometimes more than once.

                      Mark

                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                        Thank you, Mark........

                        You order that much and still get them? --- well, that shoots down my
                        thinking that you had to not order for a while .... only ENCO knows!!

                        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "mark" <gmiller4396@...> wrote:

                        > Just checked my email, and the new Enco code for free shipping on $50.00
                        > or more was there.
                        >
                        > New code: WBRN77 good until 12-31-07
                        >
                        > I usually order $75-100 each time I order, and lately I've been doing it
                        > online. It seems when I started doing online ordering, the code started
                        > showing up each month, and sometimes more than once.
                        >
                        > Mark

                      • mark
                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                          Hello Bill. I don't know what to say about Enco's shipping either.
                          For awhile, I didn't always get the codes in an email, but I could
                          always find them on line somewhere. Since I have Always used the code
                          when I ordered, maybe their computer tracks that and started sending
                          it??? I do have two email addresses that I get info from Enco, but only
                          one of them gets the $50.00 code.

                          After I started ordering online, I've gotten the code every month, maybe
                          that's what counts. I will say that the free shipping gets me to order
                          with them (if Enco's listening) and I ALWAYS make the minimum (and then
                          some) when I do.

                          Mark

                          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Pace" <pace8@...> wrote:

                          > Thank you, Mark........
                          >
                          > You order that much and still get them? --- well, that shoots down my
                          > thinking that you had to not order for a while .... only ENCO knows!!
                          >

                          > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "mark" gmiller4396@ wrote:
                          > >

                          > > Just checked my email, and the new Enco code for free shipping on
                          $50.00
                          > > or more was there.
                          > >
                          > > New code: WBRN77 good until 12-31-07
                          > >
                          > > I usually order $75-100 each time I order, and lately I've been
                          doing it
                          > > online. It seems when I started doing online ordering, the code
                          started
                          > > showing up each month, and sometimes more than once.
                          > >
                          > > Mark

                        • Druid Noibn
                          Message 12 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                            Hi Mark,

                            THANKS!

                            Take care,
                            DBN

                            mark <gmiller4396@...> wrote:
                            Just checked my email, and the new Enco code for free shipping on $50.00 or more was there.
                            New code:  WBRN77   good until 12-31-07
                            I usually order $75-100 each time I order, and lately I've been doing it online. It seems when I started doing online ordering, the code started showing up each month, and sometimes more than once.
                            Mark

                            --- In mill_drill@yahoogro ups.com, rgsparber@.. . wrote:

                            > I got one too. Not to sound like a spoiled brat, I would have rather had a
                            > $50 code....
                            >
                            > Rick
                            > rgsparber@.. .
                            > web site: http://rick. sparber.org
                            >

                            > ************ ********* ********* ******** See what's new at http://www.aol. com

                            http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • roylpopecharternet
                            Message 13 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                              Wow! What a response.

                              My special thanks to Mark for the $50 code. Also appreciate the link
                              by someone else to sign up for the e-mail notifications.
                              Got the code for orders over $200 from a friend who does get the e-mails.

                              The dry lube I'm hunting is Enco's Cut-Ease. It is $10.55 for a 1 lb.
                              stick. Will have to look up the catalog number. Got the info from Dick
                              at the 12 x 36 lathe group.

                              Thanks to all,
                              Roy

                            • rgsparber@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007
                                Thanks Mark!

                                Rick
                                rgsparber@...
                                web site: http://rick.sparber.org

                              • toyotaroddy@juno.com
                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 1, 2007

                                  For 2 years I have been trying to get the email notices from ENCO, but to no avail.  I even talked with a c/s person 2 months ago whom said that I would get the emails; yet they have not arrived.  All of my orders have been via the phone and not the internet.  Are internet orders the key to receiving the emails??   So, what is the November code for over $50 orders??????

                                  TIA    Roddy

                                  -- "mark" <gmiller4396@...> wrote:

                                  Hello Bill.    I don't know what to say about Enco's shipping either.
                                  For awhile, I didn't always get the codes in an email, but I could
                                  always find them on line somewhere. Since I have Always used the code
                                  when I ordered, maybe their computer tracks that and started sending
                                  it???  I do have two email addresses that I get info from Enco, but only
                                  one of them gets the $50.00 code.

                                  After I started ordering online, I've gotten the code every month, maybe
                                  that's what counts. I will say that the free shipping gets me to order
                                  with them (if Enco's listening) and I ALWAYS make the minimum (and then
                                  some) when I do.

                                  Mark

                                  --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Pace" <pace8@...> wrote:

                                  > Thank you, Mark........
                                  >
                                  > You order that much and still get them? --- well, that shoots down my
                                  > thinking that you had to not order for a while .... only ENCO knows!!
                                  >

                                  > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "mark" gmiller4396@ wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > Just checked my email, and the new Enco code for free shipping on
                                  $50.00
                                  > > or more was there.
                                  > >
                                  > > New code: WBRN77 good until 12-31-07
                                  > >
                                  > > I usually order $75-100 each time I order, and lately I've been
                                  doing it
                                  > > online. It seems when I started doing online ordering, the code
                                  started
                                  > > showing up each month, and sometimes more than once.
                                  > >
                                  > > Mark

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                     Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:
                                     mailto:mill_drill-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                     mailto:mill_drill-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  Click for quotes on auto warranties, go direct and save.
                                • jer29_11_13
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Nov 4, 2007
                                    Thanks Mark! - it seems that you're the only one who answered the
                                    original question...