Re: [mill_drill] can i take head off ?

  • Mike Klotz
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 30, 2007
      I did mine by myself, in one piece with an eng hoist.  If you don't own one, you can rent them pretty cheap.

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
        one more note on the move- you may want to make a hole on the top plate of
        the stand so that you can later have access to the y-axis split-nut for
        adjusting out backlash.

        hope this helps!
        david

        --

        Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics! <http://www.hobbysnap.com>
        MetalWorkingFAQ.NET - Over 50 content sites! <http://www.metalworkingfaq.net>

        On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, rgsparber@... wrote:

        > James,
        >
        > Does this help?
        >
        > http://rick.sparber.org/Articles/MoveMill/MoveMill.htm
        >
        > Rick Sparber
        > rgsparber@...
        > web site: http://rick.sparber.org

      • mathewsember
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
          Yes , thanks for reminding me . What do you think ? is a 6 inch hole
          big enough to lube and adjust the screw y-axis.
          I would be interested in finding out what size of hole you guys used
          in your stand.

          James

          -- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, figNoggle <david@...> wrote:

          > one more note on the move- you may want to make a hole on the top
          plate of
          > the stand so that you can later have access to the y-axis split-nut for
          > adjusting out backlash.
          >
          > hope this helps!
          > david
          >
          > --
          >
          > Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics!
          <http://www.hobbysnap.com>
          > MetalWorkingFAQ.NET - Over 50 content sites!
          <http://www.metalworkingfaq.net>
          > CNC, Plans/Kits, 8x12 Lathe, Mini-Mill, How-Tos
          <http://www.fignoggle.com>
          > Sieg X3/Super X3 Mill Information, HF/Enco Coupons
          <http://www.superx3.com>

          > On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, rgsparber@... wrote:
          >
          > > James,
          > >
          > > Does this help?
          > >
          > > http://rick.sparber.org/Articles/MoveMill/MoveMill.htm
          > >
          > > Rick Sparber
          > > rgsparber@...
          > > web site: http://rick.sparber.org
          > >

          > > ************************************** See what's new at
          http://www.aol.com

        • fortcolllinsjerry
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 3, 2007
            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Klotz" <mklotz1@...> wrote:

            > I did mine by myself, in one piece with an eng hoist. If you don't
            own one, you can rent them pretty cheap.

            I completly disasembled mine in my garage so I could move it into my
            basement shop. I created a strong point in the ceiling rafters and
            lifted pieces with a pully block and tackle from Harbor Freight. I
            straped them to a two wheel dolly (also from HF) and rolled them down
            the stairs, piece by piece. It's not difficult, just keep in mind how
            it all goes back together and yhou should be fine.

            (I just did my Enco 12X37 lathe the same way, piece by piece, and only
            had help on two parts that were just too large and heavy to do myself)