benchtop mill spindle wrench

  • figNoggle
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2007
      hi all-

      someone had posted spindle wrenches for sale on ebay...

      this has been on our collective minds ever since we bought the rf31 and
      now the rf45. after quickly taking down some measurements and drawing it
      out in cad, we had the little x2 cnc mini-mill cut out the spindle wrench
      to fit the spline:

      <http://www.fignoggle.com/workshop/article/290/rong-fu-45-benchtop-mill-spindle-wrench-prototype>
      or
      <http://tinyurl.com/36oboa>

      you can do this with a drill and boring head, then a 1/4" end mill to make
      the "fingers" at 60 degree increments. the prototype wrench took just
      about as much time as searching for a wrench on ebay and buying one :)

      enjoy!
      david

      --

      Free photo storage for hobbyists - share pics! <http://www.hobbysnap.com>