Re: Power Feed fitting

  • Bill Pace
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 5:55 AM
      Assuming you did indeed get the 'Bridgeport' type, it will NOT be a
      bolt on. Having said that, this is still the PF that seems to be the
      choice for this type of mill.

      I cant pull up the model# Frank refers to, but is probably the one
      that bolts up on the left side of the table --with quite a lot of
      overhang-- and eliminates the feed handle. A lot of folks (myself
      included) dont want to lose that left handle and go ahead and take the
      trouble to adapt the 'Bridgeport' type on the right side and keep the
      handle. Its also, by far, the cheapest of the PF's. Its been done many
      times and quite a lot written about the methods used ....there are
      several...so take the time to use the search engines in this forum,--
      and google,-- also IIRC there are some pix in the photo section

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Frank Presley <fpres61@...> wrote:

      > Hello Hedley,
      >
      > The CDCO catalog page that you referenced is for Bridgeport type.
      The one for the "RF31"is their model # 22204. Hopefully that is what
      you ordered.

      > Frank
      >
      > hedley_grant <hedley@...> wrote:
      > Hi All
      > I just purchased a power feed from CDCO Machinery corp
      >
      > http://www.cdcotools.com/item.php?itemid=147
      >
      > I was wondering if anybody had fitted this type of feed to their Rong Fu
      > type mill (RF31)? I don't have it yet but would appreciate any help
      > from somebody who had already fitted one.
      >
      > Best regards
      > Hedley
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

    • Bill Mader
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 9:27 AM
        I modified a Bridgeport power feed on my mill drill. It was quite a bit of work but it works fine. If you send me your I Mail I will send you photos of the installation.
        Bill
        Assuming you did indeed get the 'Bridgeport' type, it will NOT be a
        bolt on. Having said that, this is still the PF that seems to be the
        choice for this type of mill.

        I cant pull up the model# Frank refers to, but is probably the one
        that bolts up on the left side of the table --with quite a lot of
        overhang-- and eliminates the feed handle. A lot of folks (myself
        included) dont want to lose that left handle and go ahead and take the
        trouble to adapt the 'Bridgeport' type on the right side and keep the
        handle. Its also, by far, the cheapest of the PF's. Its been done many
        times and quite a lot written about the methods used ....there are
        several...so take the time to use the search engines in this forum,--
        and google,-- also IIRC there are some pix in the photo section

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogro ups.com, Frank Presley <fpres61@... > wrote:

        > Hello Hedley,
        >
        > The CDCO catalog page that you referenced is for Bridgeport type.
        The one for the "RF31"is their model # 22204. Hopefully that is what
        you ordered.

        > Frank
        >
        > hedley_grant <hedley@...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        > I just purchased a power feed from CDCO Machinery corp
        >
        > http://www.cdcotool s.com/item. php?itemid= 147
        >
        > I was wondering if anybody had fitted this type of feed to their Rong Fu
        > type mill (RF31)? I don't have it yet but would appreciate any help
        > from somebody who had already fitted one.
        >
        > Best regards
        > Hedley
        >

        > ------------ --------- --------- ---
        > Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      • Henry Arnold
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2 7:30 AM
          I would like to see how you did it. I already bought a Bridgeport type
          power feed and am trying to figure out how to make it work with my
          Grizzly G0519 Square Mill. Could you post your pictures to the photos
          section?

          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Mader" <hillbrook@...> wrote:

          > I modified a Bridgeport power feed on my mill drill. It was quite a
          bit of work but it works fine. If you send me your I Mail I will send
          you photos of the installation.
          > Bill

        • hedley_grant
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2 4:25 PM
            Hi Bill
            I thought I'd sent you a message re forwarding the photo's but nothing
            shows up on this site.
            So please send to hedley@...