Re: Rotary Table

  • Philip Burman
    Message 1 of 112 , Nov 2, 2006
      Here's an interesting link on magnetic chucks for milling. Looks
      like you need high perfoamnce which probably means big bucks. I
      think a home brew should possibly be considered as an experimental
      project.

      http://www.manufacturingcenter.com/tooling/archives/1202/1202magnet.a
      sp

      Regards
      Phil

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "M Belfer AllSPA" <mbelfer@...>
      wrote:

      > magnetic chuck on the lathe..........or a facsimile of one with
      some strong magnets and the faceplate if the genuine article not
      available. Think aluminium stubs with the magnets set into the
      working face, faceplate attachment / adjustment screwholes to the
      faceplate on the reverse. Three really strong magnets would be
      ideal, six if something like speaker magnets used

      Many
      > Thanks, Bill - wfg4u@...

    • sdwest
      Message 112 of 112 , Jun 25, 2007
        I also have a RongFu RF31, and bought the Phase II 6" hor/ver table, and have found it very useful.  There have been times when I wish it had a larger diameter, but seldom would 2" additional diameter (only 1" radius) help much. My concern was for Z axis movement, you certainly will have more with the 6".  YMMV, good luck with the decision.
        Wade