RE: [mill_drill] Rotary Table

  • gboettcher
    Message 1 of 112 , Nov 1, 2004

      Bill,

      I wonder if making a “bridge” over the rotary table would work. You can clamp a piece of 1 inch by 2 inch bar stock down to the table at both ends and make your cut from the front or back side of the table. To press it to the table you could use the equivalent of a live center which could be about anything that rotates with the work piece. A small ball bearing comes to mind. Drill and tap the center of the bridge and thread a bolt to press onto the inner race of the bearing. Be sure to use packing material to keep from cutting into the table.

      Let us know how you solve this.

      Gil

      Message 112 of 112 , Jun 25, 2007
        I also have a RongFu RF31, and bought the Phase II 6" hor/ver table, and have found it very useful.  There have been times when I wish it had a larger diameter, but seldom would 2" additional diameter (only 1" radius) help much. My concern was for Z axis movement, you certainly will have more with the 6".  YMMV, good luck with the decision.
        Wade