homemade rotary table?

  • Chris C
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28 11:08 PM
      I lost all my bookmarks awhile ago and now that I have my mill drill I
      cannot find a site that I remembered had alot of homemade fixtures and
      tooling. I seem to remember it was a Japanese/English language site.

      I thought the projects were pretty slick and remember the rotary table
      specifically.

      Thanks,
      Chris
    • Mike Nash
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29 5:49 AM
        Try this:

        http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html

        Mike Nash

        >I lost all my bookmarks awhile ago and now that I have my mill drill I
        > cannot find a site that I remembered had alot of homemade fixtures and
        > tooling. I seem to remember it was a Japanese/English language site.
        >
        > I thought the projects were pretty slick and remember the rotary table
        > specifically.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Chris
      • Clark Family
        Message 3 of 5 , May 30 9:38 AM
          That's the one, industrious guy!

          Thanks,
          Chris

          Mike Nash wrote:
          > Try this:
          >
          > http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html
          >
          > Mike Nash

        • Michael Oberg
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30 9:56 PM
            That is one heck of a website!  It's an instant bookmark, really details some excellent projects.  The whole time I was looking at the website (and obviously missing the opening blurb about being for mini-lathes and small milling machines), I imagined the guy having a full workshop, with fullsized bridgeport and 9x20 or bigger lathe, then I see his tools and realize that my mill is bigger than his!  Unbelievable.

            But maybe that is just the newbie in me coming out, not realizing that I too can do all of those projects!

            Anyone else that impressed by his work?

            Michael

            Mike Nash wrote:
            > Try this:
            >
            > http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html
            >
            > Mike Nash

            Mill drill Rong fu

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • M Belfer BD
            Message 5 of 5 , May 30 10:09 PM
              Definitely the same reaction here.....I couldnt prowl the whole website, (too many good photos & text to look at & too little time), but my reaction to all of it is.  WOW!!  This guy is like that Japanese worker who made the Shay and other narrow gage items and wrote them up brilliantly in Live Steam in the 70s-80s. Kozo I think his name was..never let lack of equipmen get in the way of brilliant execution.

              Mike Nash wrote:
              > Try this:
              >
              > http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html
              >
              > Mike Nash