Re: [mill_drill] New to group. Where do I go to see a Rong Fu machine?

  • j.c.gerber@tbwil.ch
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi D2,

      Their Website is the following:

      Engineering made in Taiwan, machines made in China.

      Happy New Year and all wishes for a mill/drill purchase.

      Jean-Claude, Switzerland

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
        Corey,

        Where from do you know they are made in Thailand ?

        Happy New Year
        Jean-Claude Switzerland

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
          Corey,

          Thailand? My RF-31 box said Taiwan. Enco and Grizzly could be from
          mainland China. Very similar machines all, possibly they work from the
          same plans?

          http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33686

          This HF link is to one, I don't know what RF-? number it would be. 30?
          Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor, and is otherwise very similar. Haggle
          on the price! Get a free stand!

          Alan KM6VV
          Central coast CA, Got mine in Salinas HF store. Come see!

          Corey wrote:

          > Rong Fu is made in Thailand by Rong fu.
          >
          > Try www.rongfu.com
          >
          > If you are near Alameda, CA feel free to swing by and
          > look at mine.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > --- d2_cat <d2_cat@...> wrote:
          > > Am new to the group and interested in purchasing a
          > > Mill/Drill. Have
          > > looked at Grizzly, HarborFreight and such places.
          > > Trying to get the
          > > most bang for the buck. Who makes a Rong Fu and
          > > where do I go to
          > > view one on-line?
          > >
          > > thanks.
        • Corey
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
            D'oh! I meant Taiwan, must have hit the bottle a
            little early yesterday ;)

            Happy new year everyone,
            --- Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...> wrote:
            > Corey,
            >
            > Thailand? My RF-31 box said Taiwan. Enco and
            > Grizzly could be from
            > mainland China. Very similar machines all, possibly
            > they work from the
            > same plans?

            http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33686

            > This HF link is to one, I don't know what RF-?
            > number it would be. 30?
            > Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor, and is otherwise
            > very similar. Haggle
            > on the price! Get a free stand!
            >
            > Alan KM6VV
            > Central coast CA, Got mine in Salinas HF store.
            > Come see!
            >

            > Corey wrote:
            > >
            > > Rong Fu is made in Thailand by Rong fu.
            > >
            > > Try www.rongfu.com
            > >
            > > If you are near Alameda, CA feel free to swing by
            > and
            > > look at mine.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > >
            > > --- d2_cat <d2_cat@...> wrote:
            > > > Am new to the group and interested in purchasing
            > > > Mill/Drill. Have
            > > > looked at Grizzly, HarborFreight and such
            > places.
            > > > Trying to get the
            > > > most bang for the buck. Who makes a Rong Fu and
            > > > where do I go to
            > > > view one on-line?
            > > >
            > > > thanks.

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://greetings.yahoo.com
          • cadcamcenter
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2002
              Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
              > Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor,
              > and is otherwise very similar. Haggle
              > on the price! Get a free stand!

              Didn't know Yankies indulge in haggling too!!!

              Peter
            • ballendo
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2002
                You didn't?

                I thought our "haggling" with the English King a coupla centuries ago
                was well known... :-)

                Ballendo

                --- In mill_drill@y..., "cadcamcenter" <cadcamcenter@y...> wrote:
                > Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
                > > Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor,
                > > and is otherwise very similar. Haggle
                > > on the price! Get a free stand!
                >
                > Didn't know Yankies indulge in haggling too!!!
                >
                > Peter
              • Steve Roberts
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 5, 2002
                  Now, now don't get upset, you will have them all throwing the tea away in
                  the Boston Harbour again!
                  Steve Roberts