Re: [mill_drill] New to group. Where do I go to see a Rong Fu machine?

  • Stan Stocker
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 31, 2001
      Rong Fu is a large Taiwanese manufacturer. They are sold by Enco using
      the Rong Fu name. They also make quite a few of the mill/drills sold
      under a variety of names. After several years, I'm still quite pleased
      with my Grizzly G1006.

      Rong Fu has a page at:

      http://www.rongfu.com

      Imagine the color in green rather than grey and you'll see most of the
      mill/drills offered, in varying degrees of power, capacity, and provided
      accessories :-)

      Stan

    • j.c.gerber@tbwil.ch
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
        Hi D2,

        Their Website is the following:

        Engineering made in Taiwan, machines made in China.

        Happy New Year and all wishes for a mill/drill purchase.

        Jean-Claude, Switzerland

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
          Corey,

          Where from do you know they are made in Thailand ?

          Happy New Year
          Jean-Claude Switzerland

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
            Corey,

            Thailand? My RF-31 box said Taiwan. Enco and Grizzly could be from
            mainland China. Very similar machines all, possibly they work from the
            same plans?

            http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33686

            This HF link is to one, I don't know what RF-? number it would be. 30?
            Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor, and is otherwise very similar. Haggle
            on the price! Get a free stand!

            Alan KM6VV
            Central coast CA, Got mine in Salinas HF store. Come see!

            Corey wrote:

            > Rong Fu is made in Thailand by Rong fu.
            >
            > Try www.rongfu.com
            >
            > If you are near Alameda, CA feel free to swing by and
            > look at mine.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > --- d2_cat <d2_cat@...> wrote:
            > > Am new to the group and interested in purchasing a
            > > Mill/Drill. Have
            > > looked at Grizzly, HarborFreight and such places.
            > > Trying to get the
            > > most bang for the buck. Who makes a Rong Fu and
            > > where do I go to
            > > view one on-line?
            > >
            > > thanks.
          • Corey
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2002
              D'oh! I meant Taiwan, must have hit the bottle a
              little early yesterday ;)

              Happy new year everyone,
              --- Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...> wrote:
              > Corey,
              >
              > Thailand? My RF-31 box said Taiwan. Enco and
              > Grizzly could be from
              > mainland China. Very similar machines all, possibly
              > they work from the
              > same plans?

              http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33686

              > This HF link is to one, I don't know what RF-?
              > number it would be. 30?
              > Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor, and is otherwise
              > very similar. Haggle
              > on the price! Get a free stand!
              >
              > Alan KM6VV
              > Central coast CA, Got mine in Salinas HF store.
              > Come see!
              >

              > Corey wrote:
              > >
              > > Rong Fu is made in Thailand by Rong fu.
              > >
              > > Try www.rongfu.com
              > >
              > > If you are near Alameda, CA feel free to swing by
              > and
              > > look at mine.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > --- d2_cat <d2_cat@...> wrote:
              > > > Am new to the group and interested in purchasing
              > > > Mill/Drill. Have
              > > > looked at Grizzly, HarborFreight and such
              > places.
              > > > Trying to get the
              > > > most bang for the buck. Who makes a Rong Fu and
              > > > where do I go to
              > > > view one on-line?
              > > >
              > > > thanks.

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              http://greetings.yahoo.com
            • cadcamcenter
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 2, 2002
                Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
                > Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor,
                > and is otherwise very similar. Haggle
                > on the price! Get a free stand!

                Didn't know Yankies indulge in haggling too!!!

                Peter
              • ballendo
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 4, 2002
                  You didn't?

                  I thought our "haggling" with the English King a coupla centuries ago
                  was well known... :-)

                  Ballendo

                  --- In mill_drill@y..., "cadcamcenter" <cadcamcenter@y...> wrote:
                  > Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
                  > > Mine has a 2 HP reversible motor,
                  > > and is otherwise very similar. Haggle
                  > > on the price! Get a free stand!
                  >
                  > Didn't know Yankies indulge in haggling too!!!
                  >
                  > Peter
                • Steve Roberts
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 5, 2002
                    Now, now don't get upset, you will have them all throwing the tea away in
                    the Boston Harbour again!
                    Steve Roberts