Re: [mill_drill] HF mill

  • George Headley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006

      Jake:

      The max distance from the table to the spindle is 18" and if you use collets most of that is available however I always operate the spindle all the way up and the head as low on the column as possible. That way , with careful layout the mill is as solid as one could expect. The base that I found is the one regularly sold for the mill but the sku number was an obsolete number that I found in the drawer on the display unit. It is a heavy base at about 140 pounds and welded together. The ones available now are bolted together and I don't know how heavy they are. Check the drawer in the display model and see if they still have the base units in the back. Sorry I don't have the sku handy. I must have pitched the booklet.

      Good luck. Be sure to look at the bolts that hold the column base to the machined base. Some are larger than others. Mine are close to 7/8" head or maybe a little larger. I have never had them out so I can't say for sure.

      George

    • jrd
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006
        Went to town today and got a 7hp 60gal 220V air compressor. Might have to wait a few days to find out about the mill. To many irons in the fire.