Re: [mill_drill] Re: RF-31 mods

  • Roger V. Petrella Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2001
      That be me, not much more than beginning machinist.  Lots of experience in woodworking, blacksmithing and a few other areas, but just been dabbling in machining the last few years.

      Let me know as soon as you have the plans available.  My guess is that mid-April will be about when I'll be ready to start putting the mill/drill back together.  Going to take me a bit of time to make room in the basement and start the disassembly and cleaning process.

      Roger

      ballendo@... wrote:

      Roger,

      Yes, I've got one done and it works WELL! The second one is being
      done and documented so that I can sell plans/ parts... The first was
      done with machine shop services. The second is being done using ONLY
      the M/D ITSELF! This took awhile to sort out and verify, but looks to
      be a good way, since I'm assuming that if people had a machine shop
      with bigger mills, they wouldn't be trying to "improve" the rf M/D's..

      Time frame to plans being available: Most likely by April 15th. I'm
      setting up a website and not just M/D mods...  I might be able to put
      something together for you earlier (pre-pub style). Contact me off
      list if necessary.

      Hope this helps.

      Ballendo

      P.S. This is a relatively easy mod to DO, but not as easy to figure
      out, especially when one is aiming for a general market of beginner
      machinists, and really wants them to succeed.