Re: [mill_drill] Can the RF-30 clone be easily taken apart for moving?

  • William Abernathy
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2005
      velbloud wrote:
      > Hi guys,
      > I am thinking about purchasing one of the RF-30 clones, but at the
      > moment I do not have a way of lifting/hoisting the machine. Moreover I
      > live on the first floor (don't have a garage). I might be also moving
      > overseas soon and I was wondering how easy it is to take the machine
      > apart for moving and how heavy the parts are (let's say head, column,
      > table). Any info and thoughts are welcome as well as machine
      > recommendations.

      Dunno about the parts, but that appears to have been answered already. You can
      also move the whole kit as a unit if you have an engine hoist. You can rent
      these from your local indstrial U-Haul.

      --William A.
    • upicman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2005
        Pep Boys has one (2-Ton) on sale for $109 after rebate.

        I bought one to help assemble mine. Now I don't have to call a
        friend and ruin both of our backs!

        It folds up to approx. 2' x 4' when you aren't using it, so it lives
        in the basement with me.

        Rich

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, William Abernathy <william@i...>