Re: [mill_drill] Power Feed for Grizzly G-1006

  • corey renner
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
      That's one of the reasons that I built my own instead of buying.
      However, if you ever need to machine something that interferes, you
      could always put the part up on blocks so that it clears the
      powerfeed. The RF30's have abundant Z-axis.

      cheers,

      On 7/6/05, Rick Kruger <krugerr@...> wrote:

      > One thing that leaves me wondering tho, is the way the mounting bracket and
      > part of the housing protrude above the table surface. Anyone run into a
      > situation where this interferes with securing a part on the table?
      >
      > Rick

    • Alan E. Lutz
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
        Corey,

        Have you posted any information on the feed unit you built?

        AEL

        ---- corey renner <vandal968@...> wrote:

        =============
        That's one of the reasons that I built my own instead of buying.
        However, if you ever need to machine something that interferes, you
        could always put the part up on blocks so that it clears the
        powerfeed. The RF30's have abundant Z-axis.

        cheers,

        On 7/6/05, Rick Kruger <krugerr@...> wrote:

        > One thing that leaves me wondering tho, is the way the mounting bracket and
        > part of the housing protrude above the table surface. Anyone run into a
        > situation where this interferes with securing a part on the table?
        >
        > Rick

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Rick Kruger
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
          Good point. Did you report to the group on your power
          feed build previously, where I could go back and look
          it up? I started on building a power feed for my
          minimill, but got sidetracked & never got back to it.

          Rick

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
            I posted it way back in the day. The pics and drawings are here:

            cheers,

            On 7/7/05, Rick Kruger <krugerr@...> wrote:
            > Good point. Did you report to the group on your power
            > feed build previously, where I could go back and look
            > it up? I started on building a power feed for my
            > minimill, but got sidetracked & never got back to it.
            >
            > Rick

          • Paul Huffman
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
              What did you use for a motor?