z-axis dro

  • duwayne@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2001
      Just finished my quill DRO and posted several pictures to the Photos
      area. This is made for the hf 12 speed drill mill but should be
      easily adapted to a larger mill. I made it from a cheap plastic 4"
      caliper I picked up on e-bay for under $20.00. Don't have any
      drawings, as everything depends on the caliper you have. The caliper
      is modified by cutting off the internal and external blades to
      produce as small a unit as possible. It should be possible to build
      with out making any changes to the caliper. I milled a block that
      mounts to the front of the head with a recess for the caliper body.
      The caliper is held in this block by 2 setscrews. The moving scale
      is held in a machined clamp that connects to a ring mounted on the
      spindle by a short piece of spring wire. The flexibility of the
      wire elminates any problems with alignment. Contact me if interested
      and I will see about making some basic drawings available.
      DuWayne