Power feed

  • seaies
    Message 1 of 58 , Jan 2, 2005
      Power feed long axis.

      Has anyone had any success using a 12.0-volt Cordless Drill motor as
      a power feed?

      Ride safe
      Mike on the rock
    • Corey Renner
      Message 58 of 58 , Jan 26
        Yes, the real ones have a clutch and they work well.

        cheers,

        On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 1:09 AM, Dave Seiter d.seiter@... [MILL_DRILL] <MILL_DRILL@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        My mill came with an x axis power feed (kludged AC gear motor driving a flexible coupling) that I took off right away and never used because when installed, you *had* to use it.  Do the "real" ones have a clutch so you can use the mill manually as well?   I've been thinking about reinstalling it (better than it was), but need the manual option without pulling the unit.

        -Dave

        Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 6:31 PM

        They all looked the same
        to me when I was looking for one. I just bought the least
        expensive one I could find. It works fine but the
        instructions were terrible and I had to replace the rapid
        traverse button because they they had didn't work very
        well. I think it's an Alsgs brand or something like
        that.
        Mike

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

          On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at