Re: Rong Fu RF-45 Best Price

  • accuratemike
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
      I got one of those "Real" Rong Fu's from Penn. I do think Penn Tool
      has the best deal on them, hurt or not. I got my JFC45 N2F (Rong Fu
      doesn't actually call them "RF") for $1300 (sorry :) ). 3ph motor and
      power downfeed. Had a busted switch, cured nicely with a VFD. I think
      a big factor is freight. I drove to Penn tool and towed it home. If
      there is anyone in a radius that you are willing to travel, I would
      probably go there. I drove about 300mi, it was nice to see what I was
      getting and not worry about damage. I have never seen one in any other
      than R8 taper, maybe they could option one out for you and order it.
      I'm sure the lead time from Taiwan is long though. BTW, Rong Fu's tech
      people were very helpful with helping me wire the VFD (all the way
      from Taiwan, via e-mail). I was pleasantly surprised. The "Chinglish"
      manual did not instill much confidence, happily there is tech
      available. Good hunting, MIKE

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Kimberlin <kimberln@c...> wrote:
      > Wm McNett wrote:
      >
      > > In all my searching the best price I found on the Rong Fu RF-45 mill
      > > is Penn Tool Co.
      > > Has anyone found a better one?
      >
      > Not sure anyone else has a true Rong Fu. Most/all the others with RF45
      > or some such designation are clones.
      >
      > > Has anyone found one with the NT#30 spindle taper option?
      >
      > I haven't. I would have liked a #40 taper as I have #40 taper tooling
      > for my other mill. The only other machine out there that has #30 or
      > tapers are the GEM series of machines and they don't exist in the
      USA so
      > far as I know. Much better machines than the Rong Fu, too. The GEM
      500
      > or 600 are both heavily built. There were some imported into Canada
      but
      > I have no idea if there is still an importer there.
      >
      > Fish around at http://www.handy-age.com/ for the GEM machines just
      > for fun.
      >
      > Awhile back, Penn Tool had some slightly damaged Rong Fu machines at
      > greatly discounted prices too. You might ask about that and get one
      for
      > $1500 or so rather than nearly $3000. A year or so agao 5 or 6 people
      > got a bargain. Always worth asking about.
      >
      > JerryK
    • Wm McNett
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2004
        I know it's a JFC-45 but if I write that few will know what I'm talking about.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/