HQ500 Help wanted please

  • hq500kel347
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
      Hi I am located in australia and recently purchased a chinese
      drill/mill/lathe model HQ500. I have made some bushings and small
      parts for my automobile hobby.
      However when using the crossfeed there seems to be appox 25thous play
      which makes life difficuilt.
      Ihave looked for adjustment without success.
      Is there a simple or other fix?
      THANKS
    • Skybeam Email
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        You need to look for the source of play in the system. Endplay in the
        thrust bearing, slop in the leadnut, and nut not firmly attached to the
        table.
        paul