HF 47825 Rotary table

  • jimmac70817
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      After three months waiting my table arrived today. As usual the
      instructions are useless. If anyone has this unit and can give me
      some tips on using it would be helpful.
      Thanks Jim
    • Jerry Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        I think that maybe a book from Lindsay's Books would help you a lot.

        http://www.lindsaybks.com/HomePage.html

        Two books come to mind, Indexing, No. 869, its $4.00

        And Maybe the Dividing Head book, 1153, it's $9.95.

        These books are great for concepts, building the machines and how to use them.

        Jerry

        At 04:57 PM 7/1/2004, you wrote:
        >After three months waiting my table arrived today. As usual the
        >instructions are useless. If anyone has this unit and can give me
        >some tips on using it would be helpful.
        >Thanks Jim
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • chiphead42
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2004
          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "jimmac70817" <jtmcbtrla1@a...> wrote:
          > After three months waiting my table arrived today. As usual the
          > instructions are useless. If anyone has this unit and can give me
          > some tips on using it would be helpful.
          > Thanks Jim

          Hello Jim
          I received my HF 47825 yesterday. only 2 mo. wait. Had some damage, the locking bolt was bent & knob broke off & the cover on the bottom mashed in & all bent up. You have probably figured it out by now, but I will tell you what I have done. I completly disassembled it, cleaned & lubed it. To remove the sectors,use screw driver in the slots next to the snap ring.this retainer screws out. remove the three screws & the plate. Notice the retainer on the threaded shaft.this is 2 part nut.the large dia. adjusts the thrust bearings, the smaller is lock nut. You need 2 spanner wrenches, I managed it with channel lock pliers. To remove the ecentric worm shaft housing,rotate it to the nutural position, remove the set screw near tne plunger,the unit will slide out. watch for the little shoe with the dimple that rides in grove in thehousing,when you put it back the set screw goes in the dimple. To remove the big gear,remove the three cap screws, notice the 2 1/4" threaded holes, use 2 1/4" bolts (long thread) to jack aparte gear &table. The thrust bearnings had been over tightened whitch caused tmem to be rough, the rest of it seems to be fairly smooth. I will see if they send replacements for damaged parts
        • jimmac70817
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2004
            Thanks for the reply. Idon't have any damage that I can see, haven't
            tore it down yet. The only problem I have is that to release the
            wormgear I have to rotate the handle pass the detent. I'll have to
            look into this it should be adjustable. I looked at the st51 in the
            file section and by doing some math for the 72-1 ratio vs. the 90-1
            ratio I think I can figure out the plate settings.
            Thanks again keep me posted on other enhancements.
            Jim

            --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "chiphead42" <MooseBaker@w...>