Differences? RF-30/Enco 105-1110 vs. RF-31

  • Ted Zeiger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2004
      Hi!

      I just picked up an older mill/drill locally and I am excited about
      getting to use it. Seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&item=3821208386 Moving it required some disassembly, but
      that gave me a chance to clean and lube it. The ways have no visible
      wear, but the trade off is that the table has several holes (it was
      used mostly as a drill press). After some cleaning with simple green,
      acetone and WD-40, the mill is in pretty good shape.

      Up to this point I've been using my friends RF-31 with a DRO, seen
      here: http://www.teamcosmos.com/solaris/pics/newtoy2.jpg

      Are there any significant differences I should be aware of when using
      my new mill? Can some one point me to a good link for installing some
      cheap scales to use as a DRO? I've looked at the Shumatech group, but
      would like more examples.

      Anyone have some handwheels left over from a CNC conversion? For some
      reason the mill came with none :(

      Thanks! -Ted Zeiger
      Denver, CO
    • Curt Wuollet