9838Re: Question bout 6" HF - was Milling vise size for a RF-45 type machine?

  • accuratemike
    Apr 2, 2004
      No, mine is horizontal only. I do remember seeing the H\V somewhere.
      Not sure if it was HF... The vise is good, great for the money. Free
      freight was a BIG factor. MIKE

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "J.T.Toner" <mysnoopybird@y...> wrote:
      > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "accuratemike" <mike@a...> wrote:
      > > I have a Harbor Freight 6" 44983 on my 45. Good vise (when cleaned and
      > > oiled). Seems like the right size. Came with swivel. Box was marked
      > > 93#, may not have been that heavy. MIKE
      > >

      > Mike - is that HF vise ground on the sides like the Kurt 688? I
      > recall HF advertised the vise could be used in both the horizantal and
      > vertical positions.
      >
      > Thanks, John
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic