      Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 9:15 AM
      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Re: Helical end mill

      Guys,
              One of my tool catalogs has a number of  "High Helix End Mills",
      with various angles of helix (30, 37, and 50 degrees), and with 2, 3, and 4
      flutes. The description claims "reduction of horizontal milling lines, less
      squeal and chatter, improved chip evacuation, and improved part finish."
      Your guess is as good as mine, as to whether or not it's true.

      Marv Frankel
      Los Angeles