36171Re: New to this group

  • rogers92026
    Aug 28, 2014
      In regards to your motor surging at the higher speeds, I would check out the centrifugal switch as well as the run/start caps.  The fact that it starts up, suggests that the start cap is probably fine.  Also the fact that it starts up (rather than just sit there and hum) suggests that the centrifugal switch is conducting current at the beginning.  But, it is possible for the contacts to fuse or for something mechanical to interfere with the switch opening after it has started.  So I would check the switch contacts and the mechanical part of that start switch and would replace the run cap.  It's cheap and easy to do.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic