36161Re: [MILL_DRILL] Tension spring idea

  • Jerry Durand
    Aug 25 4:06 PM
      I have used vinyl hose on it's side for a bumper (still working fine outdoors several years later) and also for a shaft coupling.  Just hadn't thought of tensioning a screw with it.

      On 08/25/2014 04:01 PM, Scott Dunt scott.dunt@... [MILL_DRILL] wrote:
      Or, for example on the riding mower I use, there is a solid rubber bushing that they use to tension the belt instead of a spring.

      So things like 'rubber' hose, gas line or Car heater hose type, can be compressed on the side or from the ends to make usable 'springs'
      Scott Dunt

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic