36151Re: [MILL_DRILL] Repairing one of those cheap rotary tables

  • Bill
    Aug 17, 2014
      I'd be hesitant to do anything permanent. Stay with mild steel or stainless, perhaps.

      On 8/17/2014 3:33 PM, Dave Seiter d.seiter@... [MILL_DRILL] wrote:
      I picked up one of those cheap Harbor Freight 4" rotary tables a while back (used), and it worked well for a few small projects, but today the table started turning by itself (the hand wheel was obviously no longer connected).  I took it apart and found that the ring gear was spinning on it's shaft; the pin that was driven through the gear and into the table (it's parallel to the shaft) had sheared off.  The pin was probably mild steel.  If I can remove the rest of the pin, I'll replace it with something like a rollpin, but I was thinking about using a bunch of red loctite to keep the ring in place.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic