36144Re: [MILL_DRILL] OffTopic: Mini coax - RG174 + SSMB connectors

  • Jerry Durand
    Aug 16 10:10 AM
      Agree on them coming apart, not sure why you don't like the glue.  The silver filled stuff is at least as conductive as lead-based solder.

      On 08/16/2014 10:06 AM, Curt Wuollet wideopen1@... [MILL_DRILL] wrote:
      Without seeing the connector, it's kinda hard to visualize. On other solder coax connectors,
      the pin pushes out so you can solder it and then install it. Or the connector comes apart enough
      so that it's reasonable to do. I would check any assembly drawings you can find. The big elex outfits
      like newark, digikey, etc. usually provide web access to the drawings. I'm sure there's a relatively easy
      way because assembly time costs money. And no, the glue won't fly.

      Regards

      cww

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic