36107Re: [MILL_DRILL] Enco cutting fluid

  • Stan Stocker
    Jul 10, 2014
      Nope, they sure don't. They and other manufacturers sell dozens of
      concentrated machining solutions, to be diluted by the end user.

      In this case Enco has had them bottle up a premixed solution and stick
      Enco #1 labels on it. Odds are it's one of Synthetic Lubricants
      standard products, diluted and labeled for retail sale as a house brand.

      You can buy the pre mixed gallon for $15 or a gallon of concentrate
      (doesn't really matter which one, any general cutting and grinding fluid
      concentrate will work if it's OK for the materials you use) for $30 and
      dilute to make 10 gallons. Or 20 gallons, no idea what the dilution of
      the Enco #1 mix would be. In any event, premix ends up costing a lot,
      unless you use so little that the convenience is worth the premium to
      you. If that's the case though, why not just use cutting oil and skip
      all the hassles of water based fluids?

      If I wanted a general water based small quantity cutting fluid solution
      I'd go with Trim 270 1:10 to 1:15.

      Stan

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic