36102Re: [MILL_DRILL] Enco cutting fluid

  • Jerry Durand
    Jul 10, 2014
      Thanks.  I have a pint of Tapfree so I'll use that when cleanup could be a problem or I need a better oil.

      On 07/10/2014 12:45 PM, Bill Armstrong bill_1955@... [MILL_DRILL] wrote:
      Well....I bought a gallon of Enco #1 for finish cuts in steel. It was cheap, and on sale, and I got another 20% off when I bought it. Don't need anything fancy or expensive for that.

      Works fine for finish cuts, including in mild steel.....but if you don't clean up all the stuff, much of it evaporates, and what is left is a sticky kind of paraffin residue, that's kind of a pain to clean up later.

      For threading....there are other oils that are much better, like Tapfree, or Tap Magic etc. Enco #1 might be OK in aluminum, but I work with alloy steels most of the time. I haven't tried it.

      Whatever project you use it for, clean it up right afterwards. If you wait a day or two....you'll regret it.

      Bill

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic