35646Re: [MILL_DRILL] Re: Challenging screw

  • Druid Noibn
    Apr 1, 2014
      Hi Paul,

      It sounds like the choice of screw will be effective.

      Be well,
      DBN
      On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 7:46 AM, "pjkettlejr@..." <pjkettlejr@...> wrote:

      I designed some equipment for an installation in South Africa, and used security Torx fasteners to keep unauthorized heands out.  My set of security Torx drivers disappeard, so I scoured all over South Africa for a replacement set.  The typical response was a comment about taking a small hardened punch to knock out the rejection pin in the Torx recess.  When I told them that I was installing the fasteners, not removing them, not a single vendor had a clue on where to get them.  I ended up ordering a few sets from the US and having them shipped overnight to me.

      Paul

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic