35639Re: [MILL_DRILL] 6061 vs 6063 aluminum tube

  • Dana Hague
    Mar 30, 2014
      It depends... there is sharp corner tubing just like the 6063, and there is tubing where the inside corner radius is approximately the same as the wall thickness.

      Dana

      At 04:46 PM 3/30/2014, you wrote:

      I'm designing a part that has to fit somewhat closely inside a 6061
      aluminum rectangular tube and was wonder what, if any inside radius
      there is. I have some 6063 here and it's a nice sharp 90 degree angle,
      but that's architectural aluminum and the 6061 is for fabrication.

      I have the 6061 on order, but was wondering if anyone knew for sure.
      For example, if I chamfer corners of a rectangle with a 0.1" setback,
      would that be plenty?

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype: jerrydurand

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic