35494Re: [MILL_DRILL] Acetal pressure rating

  • Jerry Durand
    Feb 26, 2014
      I think I'll just over-design.  About 1/4" ID, 50psi, glycol/water mix (heavy on the glycol), room temperature.

      On 02/26/2014 10:09 AM, November X-Ray wrote:
      One might be able to figure it if there are some known values. Whats the operating temperature, whats the outside diameter of the fitting, whats the medium (oil, water, air. etc.) and what the max pressure anticipated and what flow do you need to maintain? Then you can figure the tensile strength (PSI) of the acetyl and use a reverse Barlow formula of sorts determine what wall thickness one would need to work within the parameters and a given safety factor. Just a thought.

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic