35465Re: [MILL_DRILL] Care of Gauge Blocks

  • Corey Renner
    Feb 21, 2014
      Rem oil works well.  The pre-treated 'wipes' that I've used are usually silicone based.

      On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:04 AM, <scott.dunt@...> wrote:

      I stopped to pickup some 'gun oil' Jeez, try finding a store that carries it.. Fortunately Walmart still carries cleaning supplies and some shells. (And, yes there are several REAL gun shops in town, but I am in town at 6 am, 7 am and they are not open yet.. So Walmart it is..)

      Picked up a bottle of "Rem Oil"  Remington gun oil..

      I'm waiting to check out, and I start reading the back of the bottle and it says: "designed with VCI technology..." VCI tech supplied by: INHIBITOR  - the same outfit that made the rust preventative sheets I put in the box.  I guess it's good that I'm not 'mixing' brands :-)....

      P.s. the also carry gun oil 'wipes' pretreated clothes, etc.. I figured I had a shop towel or two that would work with the regular bottle.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic