35456Re: [MILL_DRILL] X axis Backlash

  • markknx
    Feb 20, 2014

      Don't get me wrong ball screws would be a great mod. I was just trying to figure out juping on conventional milling. Most wisdom says to stay away from more than light cuts while clime milling. this is more true of these smaller machines. one thing that dose make it alot worst is loose gibs. one thing that can help a little is if you have table locks lock the axis you are not using and snug up the one you are using (just a little to give a bit more drag). Side milling I would not take more than maybe .005 while climming, on face milling keeping  3/4 or more of the end mill cutting helps because then you are doing both.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic