35319Re: [MILL_DRILL] how to drill deep holes

  • markknx
    Feb 2, 2014

      I think the key to is with "Deep holes" is not what we do when we pass 3 X dia. But what we do before. Like was stated start with a center drill move to a screw drill, then a jobber, and then the long bit. Now that said I do not own screw lengh bits. I do remember having to drill some small like 1/8  hole and ordering long bits. I did start with certer drill and the a jobber chucked up to the flutes and finished with the long bit. Ihad to peck gently though because the bits really want to flex. BTW it was 3/8 brass 2-1/2 or 3" long.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic