352Looking Up HF Price Codes: Was Re:I dun and did it...

  • fab-it@rocketmail.com
    Jun 1, 2001
      Alan,

      Where on the HF site did you type the part number in? I just tried
      it and it worked. Here is how I did it

      On the Harbor Freight main page there is a side bar on the left
      that has a link to the "Order from Printed Catalog" page. Pick this
      and it will open an order window on the screen that has a form where
      you fill in the quantity (1), part number (4658), the number of the
      cost code (2), and the cost code (VGA). After you have completed
      this, go down and select the "Add To Order" button at the bottom of
      the form. A new window will appear that has the correct price.

      BTW, when you are filling out the form, copy all of the information
      into several lines of the form. Then change the cost code number
      from 0 thru 5 and hit "Add to order". The lines that are valid will
      transfer to the next page and it will show you the numbers that are
      not. When you are done, select the "Close Window" button at the
      bottom of the page.

      I had to play with it a few times to get the hang of it myself.

      Hope this helps, and if you have any more trouble let me know.

      Kenny
      Arlington, TX

      --- In mill_drill@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
      > Hi Kenny,
      >
      > Good trick! but I just looked it up (I need a stand!), and all I
      get is
      > $159!
      > Both -1vga and -2vga bring up the same ad for me :>(
      >
      > Alan KM6VV
      >

      > fab-it@r... wrote:
      > >
      > > Just doing some research for my mill purchase and ran across this:
      > > using HF #4658-2vga will get you the stand for $99.99 instead of
      the -
      > > 1vga which is $159.99.
      > >
      > > I have had no problems when asking if my local HF store will
      match an
      > > internet price (probably helps that they see my ugly mug at least
      > > once a week!)
      > >
      > > Hope this helps,
      > >
      > > Kenny
      > > Arlington, TX