34452RE: [mill_drill] RE: new article available: Avoiding Mill Head Repositioning

  • Rick Sparber
    Nov 1, 2013

      Walter,

      I can see the value in checking the tailstock. I built an attachment for my tailstock that uses parts from my boring head. It lets me offset a dead center without disturbing the tailstock. I rarely use it.

      A short coaxial indicator might be nice but a long one that requires me to raise the mill/drill head would be of little value to me.

      Before I got my DRO and EEF, I did use my finger DTI on an arm to align my center of rotation to a round feature on the work piece. Not as easy to use as the coaxial indicator but it doesn’t use much height.

      Rick