33811Re: [mill_drill] Best way to remove small high spots from the table?

  • Kevin
    Jul 19, 2013
      d.seiter@... wrote:

      > What's the best way to remove small high spots from the mill table (from
      > nicks, etc) without removing good metal? I looked through the archives
      > last night and didn't find anything; maybe I gave up too soon.

      If you make or buy a punch with a flat end, and just break the sharp
      corner, you can use it with a small hammer to gently ease some of the
      metal back to where it came from. Then use a scraper until whatever you
      have that is flat sits properly. This is a workshop expedient method
      and isn't a substitute for other methods.

      Kevin
      --
      Kevin, NW England, UK
    • Show all 41 messages in this topic