      Subject: Re: [mill_drill] Protecting an angle plate
      To: "mill_drill@yahoogroups.com" <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 3:44 PM

      Malcolm,

      For over 15 years I have put a simple wooden cover on my
      cast iron surface plate. I can see how a layer of oil soaked
      felt might give you an added degree of protection given your
      high humidity in the UK.

      Rick

      On Jul 14, 2013, at 7:35 AM, "Malcolm" <mparkerlisberg@...>
      wrote:

      > I have just purchased a new 6" angle plate for my
      mill and I am looking for suggestions on how to protect the
      plate ground surfaces from rust and dings. I need something
      that will hold oil or grease to cover the surfaces, but is
      quickly removed and replaced when I need to use it.

      > I had thought of a felt covered angled wooden open box
      covered in lm,oil soaked felt. Any other suggestions
      welcome