Skip to search.

33676Re: [mill_drill] double check your drawings!

  • Curt Wuollet
    Jun 26, 2013
      They still design with tubes, there are very few 50,000 watt IC's.

      Regards

      cww

      On 06/25/2013 11:56 PM, MC Cason wrote:

      On 06/25/2013 11:24 PM, Vern wrote:
      > I had to do mine with a etch-a-sketch, a sharpie and a pie plate full
      > of ferric nitrate on a Bunsen burner. I had to build my ic's from
      > discrete devices, chicken toe nails and super glue... Then test it
      > all with a light bulb and a vacuum tube theremin. So there. ;)
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

      Sounds like me, when I was in college.

      Pencil and paper, rub-on pads, a Sharpie, and hot Ferric Chloride in
      a glass dish, ICs were already fairly cheap, 555's aplenty, as well as
      logic gates. I never got into vacuum tubes, they were pretty much
      history by then...

      Designing on a Etch-a-Sketch... HMM, I'll have to try that some
      time. It may freak out my eldest granddaughter though.

      --
      MC Cason
      Associate Developer - Eagle3D, Created by Matthias Weißer

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic