33485Re: Spectacular motor failure

  • leasingham_connelly
    Jun 19, 2013
      If you can't source a replacement start switch and you can't use the motor without the start cap then consider a manual switch for the start cap. Use a push on/spring off switch, hold it down when starting the motor and release after a few seconds when the motor is at a suitable speed. Without a start cap there is there any risk of the motor running in reverse?

      Martin

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Frank Spillman <spilperson@...> wrote:

      > I am no kind of motor expert, but I just googled the specs you listed and came up with a few different options. Do you know if it is a C face motor? Is that the same as flange mounted?
      >
      > Which company imported your RF-45? It seems to me that the motor must be one of the options they allow the importer/brander to spec out, because just about every different company I have looked at has a slightly different motor on their version. Mine is from Bolton Hardware (who have always given me great customer service, by the way). When I get back to mine I will take a look at the motor and see if it sheds any light for me.
      >
      > Good luck!
      >
      > Frank Spillman

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic