33317Re: Menards Rong Fu clone from 1987

  • Jim S.
    Jun 4, 2013
      a dog point setscrew.

      I was wrong. I went down to the shop and checked with a flashlight and a mirror. The locator in the spindle is a piece of steel pressed through the side of the spindle into the r8 bore. Looking through the slot in the side of the quill I can just see where the outside end of the pin was roughly ground off so as not to interfere when the lower bearing is pressed on. I must have been thinking of the locating screw through the side of the upper housing that keeps the quill from rotating.

      Jim (Just a guy who likes to build stuff)
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic