      From: pjkettlejr <pjkettlejr@...>
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, March 25, 2013 4:56:39 PM
      Subject: [mill_drill] Re: making the spouse happy

      Jerry,

      The only method I have found to touch up the edge on a ceramic knife is with a series of progressively finer diamond plates. Even then, the edge is time consuming to sharpen. You would think that something that sharp would never loose its edge, just like the guarantee tells us. But, they do after a lot of usage.

      Paul

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Durand <jdurand@...> wrote:

      > Didn't take any, the knife is prized by her for functionality but isn't
      > otherwise an award winner. Messing with a good cook's knives would be
      > like someone messing with your machine tools.
      >
      > She now makes sure that good knives (metal and ceramic) are not used by
      > anyone but us.
      >
      > I wonder, will a green wheel grind a ceramic knife if I ever have to? I
      > assume the diamond blocks will sharpen one.
      >
      > On 03/25/2013 10:56 AM, Corey Renner wrote:
      > >

      > > Pics?

      > --
      > Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. www.interstellar.com
      > tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      > Skype: jerrydurand

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic