31883Re: [mill_drill] Re: sheet steel

  • curtisleo@leo-tech.com
    Oct 1, 2012
      Prices of metals have gone up crazy. I just finished using up my stock
      that I purchased 10+ years ago so it's a hugh sticker shock. I was trying
      to use some rusty stock my neighboor gave me but it's not worth the time
      spent grinding and sanding.

      btw, you're the guy that got the 11 gauge stock that I needed! :) I'm
      heading over there later this week for some more sheet stock. Wish I had
      more money and room to store full sheets. A full shear press, etc.

      Curtis

      On Mon, October 1, 2012 9:50 am, Jerry Durand wrote:
      > On 10/01/2012 09:47 AM, curtisleo@... wrote:
      >
      >> I was at SIMs last week and they had a pretty crappy selection. More is
      >> the crappy attitude when asking about ordering metals. This is more
      >> than once when I was there.
      >>
      >> I've moved all my business over to Metal Supermarket. Easy to deal with
      >> and plenty of pieces in stock. Very helpful as well.
      >>
      > That's where I bought this steel. Two sheets of 12" x 48" 11 gauge plus
      > some pieces of 1/4" bar that he didn't weigh came out to about $88.
      >
      > Bit of a shock when you're used to just buying from the scrap shelf.
      > But I checked and it was cheaper than Online Metals.
      >

      > --
      > Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc. www.interstellar.com
      > tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      > Skype: jerrydurand

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic