31876Re: sheet steel

  • Ken
    Oct 1, 2012
      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Jerome Kimberlin <kimberln@...> wrote:

      > Speedy is generally cheaper than Online Metals, but the UPS is cheaper from Online since it's closer.

      AGREED

      > > I wish the good scrap metal dealer* wasn't so far from here, driving there would completely negate any savings unless I got it absolutely free.

      I'm trying to figure out why you don't use the old "Western Metals" which is now SIMS in San Jose? Maybe I didn't catch where you were located but you can't touch SIMS for pricing, online or anywhere. Now, I will say that if your looking for "special" stuff like Durabar, or Titanium, they won't have it but anything else is fair game especially sheet metal, aluminum and A36.

      If I have to go online, I get Durabar from Speedy and everything else from Online Metals since they are on the west coast and it's quicker shipping.

      Ken-
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic