31670Need wiring help

  • oldplanecollector
    Aug 2, 2012
      Can anyone help. I feel foolish because this shouldn't be that difficult to figure out, but....

      I just purchased an older Enco mill/drill and for some reason I'm having a complete brain block trying to wire up the drum switch and motor for 220vac.
      I've searhced this forum and even contacted Enco for a schematic.
      It has a Marathon motor that has the wiring schematic for 220v, then Enco sent me a schematic that's different from the motor label. I'm more inclinded to trust the motor schematic but my issue is at the switch.

      My challenge is wiring the drum switch to get fwd. - Stop - rev. The motor says to switch the black and red motor wires to reverse direction.
      I took a photo of the motor schematic and the switch. I also added a schematic of a drum switch to show the internal connections that matches my switch, and then also the schematic Enco sent to me this morning

      I added photos to a photo album 'Enco Mill wiring'
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mill_drill/photos/album/265013840/pic/list