30677Re: [mill_drill] Spindle/Quill Bearings - Lube

  • Art Eckstein
    Mar 1 6:00 AM
      When I did my RF31 last summer, I used:

      "SuperLube" by SyncoChem Company Bohemia, NY www.super-lube.com LA101-6 or 8

      This can be found in some of the popular automotive stores or on line
      at the above URL. Also remember, you do not use a 100% fill on these
      bearing as we are running them at a rather high speed for their
      design and this stuff is light weight rather the consistency of "Vasoline".
      I have also seen "Kluber" grease recommended and it is rather expensive!

      Also after repacking, do a good "break-in" procedure.

      Art
      Country Bubba

      At 10:59 PM 2/29/2012, you wrote:
      >What grease to members recommend for the taper roller bearings?
      >And for the sliding splines?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic