30429Re: [mill_drill] Re: screw loading

  • Jerry Durand
    Feb 1 11:27 AM
      Fan cooled,1000W, so I would like to transfer heat to the enclosure too.  In theory it's only 1.5 pounds/screw...at least until you drop it.  The previous supply I used was smaller but had 8 M3 screws.  Those have been on tour 2 years now with no failures.

      Guess I'll just use the screws with some thread-locker so they don't back out.  3mm isn't all that far to have the supply fall out.

      On 2/1/2012 11:10 AM, Druid Noibn wrote:
      Hi,

      Often the the manufactures rely on and require metal-to-metal contact to conduct the heat away.  I do not know this particualr unit nor how much it/they will be loaded.

      Kind regards,

      tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
      Skype:  jerrydurand

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic