30271Re: Harbor Freight 33686 Spindle greasing.....

  • Jim S.
    Jan 1, 2012
      I once read advice about setting up the spindle that said essentially " [After breakin] run the spindle at its highest speed with no load for a half hour or so. The spindle should not get so warm  that it is uncomfortable for you to touch the spindle nose for several seconds." Does this sound sensible as a functional test?
      Now to hijack the thread, but I am planning on pulling the quill assembly on my 20 plus year old RF-30 for a good cleaning and regreasing, so any advice would be appreciated. I also need information on setting the initial preload so I am at least in the ballpark on startup.

      Jim (Just a guy who likes to build stuff)
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic