      From: velocirex64 <velocirex64@...>
      Subject: [mill_drill] new mill cleanup
      To: mill_drill@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 9:59 PM

      Just cleaning the shipping goop off my new G0720 and noticed that the gibs on x and y have a poorer surface finish than that of the ways. I'm talking rough enough that I can feel my rags catching and releasing during a wipe. Not enough to shred the rag, but enough that it makes me a little uncomfortable with it.
      One thought is that they are left somewhat rough to promote oil retention, but it may also just be Chinese craftsmanship. Have other folks noticed this on their import mills and is polishing advised to clean this up or not?
      jc

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic