28744Re: dro reccomendations

  • tinapalian
    May 31 3:11 PM
      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "tinapalian" <pdolb@...> wrote:
      >hi group ..i'm the Original poster of "dro reccomendations" with some follow up....thanks for everyone's thoughts and opinions
      ..i was able to find an old d-ann manufacturing (aka Dynamics Research Corporation) dro with glass scales locally for a great price .
      the system is installed and working...not 100% accurate when compared to a dti ..but the price was right and i had fun mounting the scales also i ended up with 2 nice chunks of aluminum that were used to mount the scales to it's former machine ....my thanks to all who input their time ..paul

      > i have an enco rf31 clone with a power cross feed .i'm looking to buy a new 3 axis dro , but i'm not opposed to buying a really good quality used 2 axis setup ,as i can always add a seperate z readout later .
      >
      > is oldtime used better or are the newer produts the way to go ?
      >
      > i'm confused with pricing and quality..the ebay items are 50% of the price of the dro setups i see in the big book catalogs
      > is it all the same stuff rebadged ?
      >
      > what should i stay away from and what should i look for as a must have option ?
      >
      > any suggestions and feedback of your experiences would help ..thanks paul

    • Show all 256 messages in this topic